NCR stabber approved to visit Toronto on two-day passes
Another patient found non-criminally responsible (NCR) for a violent crime is now eligible to visit Toronto on two-day passes. The patient is still a “significant threat” to the public.
According to the Toronto Sun, the NCR assailant stabbed three soldiers at a Toronto recruitment office. Ayanle Hassan Ali is now eligible to visit his family this year in Toronto if his psychiatric hospital agrees he’s doing well enough.
The Manitoba RCMP will provide an update today regarding the case of the B.C. fugitives whose bodies were found last week.
The update comes roughly one week after the RCMP found the body’s believed to be of Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod near Gillam, Manitoba, and after the RCMP announced that they had found an interesting item nearby the bodies.
The two men were previously on the run after allegedly killing three people in northern British Columbia.
McLeod and Schmegelsky were both charged with the second-degree murder in the death of B.C. lecturer Leonard Dyck and had also been named as suspects in the fatal shootings of Lucas Fowler and his girlfriend Chynna Deese.
According to one CTV reporter, in their update, the B.C. RCMP may put forward some of the results found in the autopsy, such as time of death.
This article will be updated following the RCMP announcement.
The Waterloo Regional Police have made another appeal to the public to help identify a man that has been accused of three separate sexual assaults on minors, over a seven-year period.
The most recent incident occurred on July 6th, 2019, where the predator sexually assaulted a four-year-old in a stairwell of a Kitchener condominium.
On Friday, which was nearly a month after the incident took place, the Waterloo Police created a video compilation of surveillance images and maps detailing the progress of the criminal over several hours. It also shows the suspect to be white, 5’10-6’0 (1.77m-1.82m), with a thin to medium-sized build.
Before the incident took place, the police’s video displays the suspect’s gray Honda Civic in a parking lot, followed by surveillance footage of the man after the incident, casually walking, and then sprinting down a suburban Kitchener road without his shirt.
When questioned over the purpose of the video, Const. Ashley Dietrich explained that the intention was to “track the suspect before and after the offence.”
After a report was conducted by the Centre of Forensic Sciences, what seemed like an individual incident turned out to follow a more heinous pattern, with an additional two other similar incidents being linked.
One previous offence took place in 2013, where inside an apartment building a four-year-old was sexually assaulted. The other correlated incident occurred in October 2017, where this time, the predator sexually assaulted a six-year-old.
In the video posted to Facebook, Detective Const. Merrigan pleaded to the viewers: “Someone knows something and we need them to come forward. There are innocent children who need our help.”
The Kitchener police are currently circulating posters with updated pictures and information concerning where the incidents took place. All of the assaults have taken place in stairwells.
If you have any information regarding these crimes, please call the police at 519-570-9777 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477
Five people are reportedly wounded after gunfire broke out inside of a North York night club.
Toronto police are now asking for any eyewitnesses to come forward, as one male victim remains in life-threatening condition, while the four others are in non-life-threatening condition.
Officer Stacey Davis said multiple people started to call police after shots rang out at the back of the North York club, District 45.
“The club was completely full,” said Davis, adding later that it was “fortunate there’s five victims only.”
Two of those injured in the gunfire escorted themselves to the hospital before police arrived. Three others, including the victim found in life-threatening condition, were located at the scene.
Of the five people shot, three were men and two were women, according to CBC.
Officer Davis went on to say that suspects are believed to have fled before police arrive, and that they are asking any eyewitnesses to come forward.
“It’s very concerning,” she said of the shooting. “The club was packed with patrons.”
Violent night in Toronto
Toronto police also confirmed another shooting at Church and Adelaide streets in the downtown core.
One man was found on the sidewalk near a vehicle which was reportedly full of bullet holes.
According to CBC, the man remains in hospital in critical condition
Police were called to the crime scene at around 4 am on the morning of August 5, after gunshots were reportedly heard in the area. A second man also made his way to the hospital shortly thereafter, but police have yet to confirm if the man was injured at the same incident.
Police say that there is no suspect information available at this time.
Saudi Arabia beheaded 37 Saudi citizens on Tuesday for alleged terrorism-related crimes.
The nation also publicly pinned the executed body and severed head of a convicted extremist to a pole as a warning to others.
According to Saudi dissident Ali Al-Ahmed, 34 of those executed where from the Shiite minority.
“This is the largest mass execution of Shiites in the kingdom’s history,” he said.
Amnesty International has also said many on the list were convicted “after sham trials” which relied on torture.
[The list includes] 11 men who were convicted of spying for Iran and sentenced to death after a grossly unfair trial. At least 14 others executed were convicted of violent offences related to their participation in anti-government demonstrations in Saudi Arabia’s Shi’a majority Eastern Province between 2011 and 2012. The 14 men were subjected to prolonged pre-trial detention and told the court that they were tortured or otherwise ill-treated during their interrogation in order to have ‘confessions’ extracted from them.
According to The Washington Post, one of the people executed on Tuesday was arrested at the age of 17 at an airport in Saudi Arabia as he was “preparing to leave the country for a college visit to Western Michigan University”.
The individual was charged with disobeying the Saudi monarch, attacking security forces, and other offences. He was allegedly also tortured in prison, “denied access to a lawyer during interrogations and forced to sign a confession admitting prosecutor’s charges, including attending protests.”
In response, the UN’s Human Rights Chief called out the imposition of death penalties for minor.
Canada still arming Saudi-Arabia
While the Saudi State holds mass-executions, in some cases for witchcraft and sorcery, kills journalists in their consulate, and actively opposes Canadian economic interests, the Trudeau government interestingly continues a controversial $15 billion arms deal negotiated by the Harper government.
The government in effect has argued that, however controversial, the deal would be too costly to cancel.
What do you think? Should Canada continue its arms deal with Saudi Arabia?
Join the conversation by commenting below!